The Village Hall was built in 1841 by Dunshalt Mutual Improvement Society at a time when the village was expanding rapidly. Over 100 years later in 1956 a local benefactor, John Duncan, gifted a piece of land adjacent to the Hall which allowed the building of an extension housing Kitchen, Meeting Room, Toilets and Entrance Hall. The new extension was opened in 1959 with the Hall as it still is today.
In 1974 the Hall Trustees handed over responsibility for the management of the Hall to the newly formed Dunshalt Community Association, which carries out this duty to this day.
Dunshalt Hall is located in the centre of the village, on the Main Street. It is a social hub for the village and is also used as a meeting place for various clubs and societies in North Fife. It features a recently refurbished Main Hall complete with built in sound system, Meeting Room and a fully equipped modern Kitchen.
The wooden floored main hall has a small curtained stage area and is seats a maximum of 100 people auditorium style or 80 with a mixture of tabled seating and standing. The small meeting room seats up to 10 people.
To hire the Hall for an event or for a regular meeting:
Telephone or text 07436 770021
Download Hall Information Sheet
Download Hall Let Charges
Download Hall Let Form