Dunshelt

This hall is in the centre of the Village, was built in 1841, and originally intended for the meetings of the 'Dunshalt Mutual Improvement Society'. Being built by Subscription, it is used for meetings of a general or local nature. It is a plain building, fitted up with platform and seated for 300, and lighted with gas. Above the entrance the following is cut 'Dunshalt Mutual Improvement Society's Hall, 1841

Reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland